Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Graduation, etc.

It's official ladies and gents, I am a college graduate. My degrees are in Film Studies and Global Communications. I didn't know this before I got to the ceremony, but I got university and departmental honors. For both my degrees! Bragging officially over. 

This is of course the reason for my extended absence. My good friend arrived on Friday to stay with me, and my mother arrived on Saturday to do the same. Since then, there's been the pre-graduation picnic (strawberries and champagne on the Champs de Mars!), the ceremony, the reception (hence the picture and yes, more champagne) and the post-grad gala which was an absolute blast. I wish all my weekends could be as heavenly. 

My friend left on Tuesday but my mother and I are staying until Monday. I am moving back to the States. On Monday. I will no longer live in France...ugh, this is madness! 

I promise my next post will be more coherent. I hope all is well with everyone, I have a lot of catching up to do on your blogs!

3 comments:

The Old Life said...

oooooo dont move back here! It stinks! do you like it here better?

CONGRATS on being a grad! too

oh and love your sparkly eye shadow

Christina said...

congrats on graduation! good luck on your trip back here, but i'm with busy bee above, don't move back here!

kadler said...

Congratulations!!

I completely understand the desire to move back. Home is home, and the States are pretty great, compared to many other plcaes in the world. :)

Post a Comment