Monday, May 18, 2009

The End of an Era: Part Deux


Today was officially my last day of college. I attended my last "final," which consisted of me, the other six people in my seminar, and my professor sitting at a cafĂ© near school discussing our theses. Some of them had wine, the prof had a beer, my friend Melissa and I drank champagne. It was marvelous. 

My favorite moment was when our prof went to the restroom and one of my classmates ordered him another beer. When he returned, he looked at the beer, confused, and we all laughed, explaining the situation. He laughed and said, "What if I were a mean drunk?" We then giggled about the possibility of him changing our grades in a drunken stupor. This of course didn't happen, because he wasn't drunk, and our grades were already set!

Which brings me to a little gloating. I got an A- on my thesis! Normally, this would anger me. The perfectionist in me wants a good, clean A. None of this mathematical symbol behind it business. (Unless it's A+, then I let it slide). But writing this paper was an intense process, and I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished; I'd never done anything of that magnitude before. 

Next up: mom's coming to town and, wait for it... graduation! 

Image taken from poshcravings.com. 

2 comments:

Christina said...

congratulations on graduating and i'm with you on the whole (-) symbol being irksome. i haven't been in school for some time, but i remember that feeling. you should be proud of yourself.

noone said...

congrats on being done and doing so well on your thesis! :)

Post a Comment