Thursday, May 21, 2009

Photo Fun: The Results!

I started my morning off by listening to "Lucky" by Jason Mraz, and moseyed on over to the Eiffel Tower to take the "A" letter shot. I found some other cool "letters" around the way, including "P" and "Y" but those weren't helpful for this project. (Remember, I'm trying to spell out my boyfriend's name, James -- see last post). In any case, I then took a bus up to the 18th arrondissement and spent about three hours walking around taking photos. Here are the ones I have so far with his name, I'm not too crazy about my "M," and the "S" was a total cop-out. I've got about a week left to finish up! I love my "J" though -- if you look closely you can see my reflection. I was walking down some random street thinking to myself, "Ugh, where am I going to find a 'J'?" I turned around and there it was! 

Admittedly, I am not a very good photographer, more of a point and click kind of girl. But I think they turned out alright -- and they look a lot more impressive side by side, trust me! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh so cool! i love this project. he'll love it : )

IfiHadaHammer said...

That is a super cool idea! I think your M is good, but I would love to see what else you come up with!

The Old Life said...

AH! so exciuting you found the letters! are you going to frame them side by side? (thats probably a dum question...shrug)

Christina said...

i left an answer to your question under comments for the three column thing under "pee cup." have a great weekend!

The Old Life said...

ooo i would do one rectangular frame (maybe black) with a white matte with 5 cut out spaces)
hmm, i think that would be lovely.
:)

OliveStreetStudio said...

VERY cool - I especially like teh "J" :-)
My SIL did this for us for Christmas - so we have our last name for our livingroom. VERY cool gift for you to give him. The letters are great.

Morgan said...

i love! Such a fun idea! Keep posting!

Post a Comment