Friday, April 10, 2009

The Story of my Life (Abridged)

This is not my first attempt at blogging. It will probably not be my last, though I do hope that I continue with this one more vigorously than the others. For those playing catch up, let us do a Brief History of Jillian's Time

I was born in Japan, where I spent the first two years of my life. I only know one phrase in Japanese, roughly translated as "hold on a minute, please." From there I moved to Papillion, Nebraska where I spent the next fourteen years and met some of the key cast members of my life, who will probably pop up in anecdotes now and then. I discovered my passion for film in high school, where I produced three projects I am particularly fond of, titled A Knight at the Roxbury, Dying to be on TV, and Summer 2005: The Movie. Despite this, I applied for spots at many universities intending to obtain a degree in International Relations. However, on a whim I decided that I would rather study film, and at age sixteen moved to Paris to do so. I am near the end of my four-year career here, and at the end will hold B.A.s in Film Studies and Global Communications. 

And you're up to speed. 

My current endeavors are: surviving until graduation, finishing scripts for two pilot episodes of television shows and a feature-length film, and contemplating how I am going to pack four years of my life into four suitcases in preparation for my imminent move back to the States. 

One of my favorite things to do, though, is to furnish the apartment I don't yet have. Of course, I have an apartment in Paris. But I rent it furnished, and see no reason to buy things that I will either have to throw out, lug home, or leave for the next tenant. (Exceptions: tupperware, muffin pan, the requisite cocktail shaker). So when I was home for spring break, I couldn't help it, and did a little shopping. My favorite purchase is undoubtedly two square dinnerware sets (making service for eight) that include dinner and salad plates, bowls, and mugs (the last of which I'm not too excited about...square mugs for square mouths?). I suppose this has to do with my intense appreciation for the aesthetic in everyday life, which is partially French-inspired. Just check that that out.

Honestly, isn't the presentation helped by the square-ness of the plate? I think so. 

My second favorite purchase is undoubtedly the "Couture" pictures that picked up from Z Gallerie. I bought three, and this one is definitely the most "edgy." I'm thinking of putting them along the wall in the entryway, putting coat hooks between them. 

I suppose that's all for now...je vous souhaite une très bonne journée! 

À plus,
Jillian

2 comments:

summer said...

of course i remember you, jillian! wow, paris.
what an exciting way to spend the last 4 years of your life!
hopefully i will make it there someday.
thanks so much for your comment & best of luck with your brand new blog! can't wait to hear more about your fascinating life.

ps. and good luck with your military decision, too!

kadler said...

Welcome, from one American gal abroad to another :)

Post a Comment