Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hello, Graduation Present.

Last night, while avoiding homework and staying up way too late, I stumbled upon something truly, amazingly cool. Before you get too excited, I must say that this it is also truly, amazingly nerdy of me to be so happy about this. A little background...

Living in Paris, I use public transit and/or walk to get around. Having a car here would be pointless. But I digress. This being the case, I walk about a quarter mile to and from the grocery store. Having long since discovered that plastic bags are are useless as they are un-eco-friendly, I generally use a messenger bag and/or a reusable bag I picked up from Forever 21 (the only other thing, aside from headbands, that I condone getting there). 

When I stumbled upon the Trolley Dolly at zpm.com, I knew I had to have one. Just look at that thing! It attaches to your shopping cart via velcro, has a plastic pocket for easy shopping list viewing, and comes with sturdy polyester bags that are color coded, making for easy in-store separating of goods, and therefore easy in-home unloading!


It also comes in a variety of colors, and a messenger bag style, in case you want to send the guy out and he's embarrassed to be seen with the thing. 


Of course, this is not practical for me now. Like many "French" people, I go to the grocery store nearly every day, to buy goods fresh but also so I don't have to lug lots of stuff home. (Sidenote: more than two bags or so probably would make for a very uncomfortable ride in my truly tiny elevator).  These things are kinda pricey, £29.95, but I think I can definitely justify that in the long run in terms of convenience and the frequency of use. So mom, dad, or boyfriend, if you are reading this, DEF need one of these for (insertholidayhere). P.S. I like the messenger bag one.

What do you guys think? 

1 comments:

kadler said...

Haha, I'm like you - no car, so have to carry all my groceries. These look neat, but not sure if I'd spend my money. Like you, it'd get too heavy to carry more than what I need for a few days!

Post a Comment