Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hi, I'm Jillian, and I'm a makeup-aholic.

I suppose my cosmetics addiction can be traced back to when I started working at a higher-end department store in the Cosmetics department. Suddenly I was required to learn about application and technique and the various benefits of various products. I started wearing more than mineral powder and mascara and lipgloss. I started buying things. And then, I suppose, it all just got out of hand. 


This is my makeup case. It's fairly new, my boyfriend got it for me for Christmas when I was complaining about how my old one no longer accommodated the mass quantities of makeup I possess. He's so thoughtful that way.

As you can see, I own a lot of stuff. Probably in the vicinity of fifty eyeshadows, twenty lipsticks, countless lipglosses, eye and face primers, tinted moisturizers, mineral powders, foundations...the list goes on. However, believe it or not, none of this is superfluous. I actually use virtually everything in my case. Another hard-to-believe fact -- there is actually method to the madness in the organization of that thing.

And what good are cosmetics if you don't have solid skincare? 

My bathroom counter. My flatmate's (Ted's) counter has exactly one face wash, and I'm actually quite surprised he even has that. 

In the morning, I usually use a mild exfoliating wash followed by Laura Mercier's Purifying Water (Light), then LM Flawless Face moisturizer ($$, but amazing). At night, it gets a bit more complicated. Purity face wash by Philosophy (works as a makeup remover and toner too!), the LM Purifying water, Philosophy 3-6-9 oil, Lancome nighttime moisturizer, and a Lancome eye and lip cream (it's preventative!). It takes awhile, but gets pretty awesome results (the oil is something I especially recommend for people with dry skin like me). 

I'm not quite sure what step this is in the 12-step makeup-aholic process, but confession sure does feel good. How 'bout you guys? What do your makeup cases look like? Have any weird addictions like mine? 

À bientôt!

3 comments:

kadler said...

Wow, that's nuts! My makeup routine consists of... concealer. And chapstick. I'm totally unskilled/uninformed in that department. I need to take lessons.

noone said...

wow that is a lot of make up! Mine is about half of that.... though I wish I have a lot more!! :D

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

My goodness gracious...but you are not alone darling...I have some weakness too :)

Post a Comment