Monday, July 27, 2009

Jobs and Julie/Julia

A little over a week ago, I had two interviews at a company and they ultimately decided they would like to go in another direction. Well, there went six hours of my life (driving back and forth + interviews). I was pretty crushed. However, today I got a call from the same company, saying that they would like to have me back in to talk about a different position. James seems to think this means they've already decided to hire me. With this economy and all of my experiences with jobs/interviews so far, I'm a bit (MUCH!) more skeptical. Feel free to send good thoughts/encouragement my way. 

Now, onto Julie/Julia. My lovely mother has always been a fan of Julia Child, so she was thrilled that there is going to be a movie semi-based on her life. I'm thrilled that Meryl Streep was chosen to play her. Luckily, my mother also subscribes to Bon Appétit, and this month's issue has recipes taken directly from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, so soon we're going to make Pissaladière Niçoise, Poulet Sauté aux Herbes de Provence, and Reine de Saba, then go see the flick. When I told James about this, it went something like:


Jillian: Blah blah blah, Julia Child...cooking.
James: Can I come?
Jillian (surprised): You want to see Julie/Julia?
James: No, I want to eat.

Typical. 

Image taken from movies.gearlive.com.

1 comments:

Maarten. said...

:D
haha

Post a Comment