Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good News, Everyone!

My interview went really well; I was hired on the spot! The best part? I'm still making the same (amazing) base pay + commission because this job involves sales (though hopefully I'll be focusing more on marketing). A little about the company: it's an NPO that broadcasts foreign language programming, including news, cultural stuff, and stuff for kids. They have eight channels, as well as a website that provides subscription services to people wanting to learn a foreign language. Pretty neat, huh? And right up my alley. Who knew you could find multiculturalism in Iowa? (Yes, it's out of state, but only about a thirty minute drive). Oh, and I get my own office! Haha! I am so incredibly blessed with this. I was pretty demoralized about the whole job situation and I am so lucky to have this opportunity right out of college!

And now the (kinda) bad part...now that I have this job I'm mentally spending some money already. James and I had always planned to get an apartment in September, and now that's looking extremely plausible. With an apartment comes essentials for that apartment, and we figured out that we need about $2000 for everything we need right away. However, this estimate includes a couch (that we've already picked out), but we can use a hand-me-down one for awhile. What we do need, though, is new sheets, pots/pans, cleaning stuff...the list goes on and on. We actually had a pretty fun "date" awhile back where we walked around Target and wrote down all the stuff we need and how much it costs. Am I the only person in the world who would think that's a good time? I had a blast.

Thoughts on the couch? Courtesy of Nebraska Furniture Mart. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment